Saturday, February 14, 2015

Typing on my iPad...

Okay so to say life has bee a little crazy the last couple months is probably an understatement. Hubby started a new job in November and has simultaneously had some health problems to deal with. The dog got sick a couple times, Boy and I both got colds in December (I think it was then???) and then of course there was Christmas drama to deal with...and now Boy has been sick with fever off and on for the last two weeks. Yesterday morning when the fever came back again I called his doc and the nurse said it would be a good idea to have him seen at this point. So we took him to the evening clinic at 6pm last night (the first appt we could get) and the very nice pediatrician we saw said its hard to tell if he's just had multiple viruses back to back or if it's a sinus infection. We decided to get some antibiotics just to be safe and hopefully that will make our poor sick boy well again.

In the midst of all the sickness I missed Gal's Night Out with the church ladies last night and am missing the baby shower of one of the ladies in our Small Group this morning. I haven't even gotten to go buy her gift yet, that will have to wait till next week...

Just before Christmas Boy dumped my computer out of the chair he decided he wanted to sit in and it landed right on the charger cord where it was plugged in to the unit. So I no longer have a laptop, hence my disappearance from my blog...but I can only not write for so long, so am typing this with two fingers on my iPad screen. No, I haven't picked out a keyboard for it yet because electronics are basically at the bottom of my list of things to spend time thinking about or spend money on. Although considering the modern age we live in, I may have to adjust my priorities a wee bit.

On the bright side, potty-training is pretty much complete although he still does occasionally wake up wet in the morning despite the fact that we still do a diaper at night. Poor boy is a heavy sleeper like his Mama was...  Oh, and we have figured out what had made him so congested for the last two years, he is very allergic to dust mites! I gotta admit I was not thrilled with this information because I do keep a very clean house but apparently those critters live in even the cleanest houses. So I just gotta be even more thorough with vacuuming his room and wash/freeze anything he sleeps with weekly. Not much more than I normally do so not a big deal, just freeze the stuffed animals and whatever pillows I don't want to wash that often until I get some special pillow cases. It really has made quite a difference for him, until the last two weeks of him being sick...

Oh and I just remembered its Valentine's Day. Happy Valentine's day to y'all and I'll see ya soon, hopefully not months from now again!   xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment