Monday, January 29, 2018

Almost Older, and Diet Progress

Tomorrow I turn 36. For a while I thought I was turning 37 because I already had turned 36 in my mind, so that's a pathetic state of affairs. Today is my day off, and I'm trying not to think about the rest of this week. I work the next 4 days, (not today) and two of those evenings are get-togethers with girlfriends. Saturday will be a family birthday party for me, my Mom, and my sis-in-law. Sunday afternoon will be a 1st birthday party for hubby's nephew, then back to work Monday. The homebody/introvert in me is already crying. Actually I do love getting together with everyone but it still wears me out to think about it. If any of my friends read this, please DON'T TAKE IT PERSONALLY!!!!!! I mostly am really an extrovert but 5:00am getting up means by 7:00pm that I don't feel super sociable some days. Hmmm, I'm trying, but there's no way to make any of that sound better so I'll move on before I dig my grave.

The diet thing hasn't happened really well. I'm good for a couple days then something happens again. Friday it was Costco pizza. Sunday it was Taco Bell because it was 4:30 pm and we were just getting home from church because it was the annual congregational meeting and those always seem to run long and we were tired and hungry and just wanted food NOW and yes I know this is a run-on sentence. Boy was completely happy with his bean burrito. Hubs and I felt regret about half-way through the meal. So, bloated and feeling none too good, our stomachs will probably hate us for the next couple days because we are too old to eat Lleb Ocat. Tonight is my birthday dinner with Hubby at Pastini and tomorrow at work we are going to have BBQ and lemon meringue pie. So START being good on Wednesday and try to be decently good until then.

I was just asked "Have you successfully updated NASA's codes? It sure sounds like that's what you're doing, with authority."  Apparently I type loudly and who on earth is doing anything at 5:55 am anyway with vigor? Well if I don't type now, I certainly won't make time later. And boy is not up yet, which is good considering how much he wore himself out playing with his friends outside yesterday.
Also now that I realized it is already 5:55 am, I am disappointed. The alarm went off at 4:30 (when hubby normally gets up but he accidentally dozed till my 5:00am alarm. I really wanted to get up at 5, but it was a little hard getting up, although hurting to lie in bed is a motivator to get up. So then I checked my email while still in bed, then got up and made the bed, then plopped on the floor and exercised. I have found I am most likely to exercise if I do it before I'm fully awake. I start with sitting stretches, etc., to trick myself into moving and by the time I'm finishing, I'm doing squats and then my coffee doesn't have such a big job ahead of itself. 

So there was an email in my inbox this morning from my ESV Bible app encouraging a 21 day reading challenge to start or re-start one's daily Bible-reading habit. Which reminded me that hubby picked a Bible reading program which we both wanted to do, that has bookmarks to put in each section with what you are supposed to read. He asked me to put Con-Tact paper on them so they wouldn't get destroyed. Those poor print-outs have been sitting on my dresser for at least 6 months. So I think I should take care of that today.

So, my friends, today remember to take a deep breath when needed, and thank God for each trial. --The laundry pile means you have clothes for your family and the sink-full of dirty dishes means you have been able to feed them. The little blessings that are the easiest to forget are sometimes the biggest blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment