Monday, February 12, 2018

B6 Toxicity Journey Begins


I had never heard of B6 toxicity. I grew up with a Mom who viewed the RDA for vitamins a suggested minimum and who still takes supplements of everything. Well last Tuesday we found out my husband has toxic levels of B6. Not because his doctor wanted to check but because my husband asked him to check another vitamin level so the doctor ordered a who vitamin panel apparently. I called last week on Thursday and left a message with records asking them to send a copy of the blood tests and they did not call me back. So I hope they've just mailed them, but either way I have to call them today and try to get some more information. My husband was only occasionally taking COQ10 which has some B6 in it, it's hard to think that was causing the toxicity. Do you have any idea what B6 can do to a person??? Numbness, tingling, pain, headaches and on and on. Pretty much screws up the nervous system. And although it is "water soluble" once you get more than your body can handle, it takes years to undo the damage. And we still have no idea WHY! The neurologist basically told us to analyze the food he eats. REALLY???? Well I have been spending time researching some "whys" but mostly figuring out a meal plan that won't completely deprive him of every other nutrient out there while still maintaining a low B6 intake; yep that means checking every single thing or ingredient, keeping a log, and lots of math. So that has been a little overwhelming.

Friday I got my fertility cleanse stuff in the mail so I have had to get serious about an endometriosis diet, so this cleanse isn't completely worthless. I did a bunch of grocery shopping before my husband's diagnosis which means I have frozen pork which neither of us can eat now. I am supposed to only eat chicken, fish, and turkey, and he can have small amounts of chicken and hamburger and sausage and bacon and never pork roast or pork chops. At least I do have lots of chicken. So last night I made turkey burgers for me and Boy and hubby got a beef burger. Hubby and boy had green beans and salad while I had green beans and a sweet potato. Although I probably should have had salad too, I just didn't want it. 

Yesterday I pulled my neck while yawning. Yep. I had just finished reviewing the music I was playing for church when while setting my music book on the table I yawned and the left side of my neck cramped up. I could hardly move. Hubby rubbed it for a few minutes but I hurt so bad that didn't help much so I got in bed and put heat on and ended up staying in bed all day. Which meant hubby and Boy went to church without me and hubby got to teach the 7th Commandment to a group of very fidgety high-energy 8-10 year olds all by himself in Sunday School. No, our child was not on his best behavior either. Apparently when there was a lull in the prelude music, he whispered very loudly, "Hey Pastor, you're up." Oh ya, almost as mortifying as the time... well there have been too many of those times to keep track of, so why bother recounting any one of them. Suffice it to say, parenting is never what you thought it would be! 

No comments:

Post a Comment