Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Organizing Phenomena and Other Household Facts


Once again, hubby did it. Yes. We had an organization issue that was baffling me and he fixed it. He is a better organizer than I am. I know, the common joke about couples is that he is the man is the slob and the woman is constantly trying to keep things picked up but he makes it so impossible. Now don't get me wrong, he does leave his share of things lying about, but no more than I do. And I really do love organizing and having things organized. I could be one of those people who has all of her spices labeled nicely and her canned goods cupboard the picture of perfection, but I am not. My spices get used far too often to stay lined up neatly, and I don't see the point in taking the time to have them all poured neatly into matching containers. Not that I wouldn't love to do that, but at the end of the day I still haven't gotten many other important things done, like those pants of hubby's. In all seriousness though, I don't have a place to put one of those cute little spice organizers with all the matching bottles; but as soon as I do, it will probably jump to the top of my priority list to go get one and institute it's immediate use in an nice little corner on my kitchen counter. And as for my can cupboard, I have given up--I have a 2-year-old who loves to "reorganize" it, and allowing that reorganization is how I get work done in the kitchen with him underfoot.

The dishes got washed in sections today, but they are finally done. Now if only I can keep them that way.  One of my breaks was spent making a peanut butter cookie in a mug, the other break was eating it. The only reason it was a peanut butter one is that I am out of chocolate chips :( .  I did enjoy trying the peanut butter one tonight, but the chocolate chip one is way better!I ate it standing up in the kitchen watching "Everybody Loves Raymond" on my Kindle Fire (Netflix <3) because I didn't want to sit in the living room and tempt my poor hubby with it. He has been sooo good on his diet and trying so hard to get in shape that the least I can do as a supportive wife is to eat my desert standing up.
The pain my back is in after a catch-up session of dishes ought to be better incentive to not get behind... I was thinking as I was washing dishes tonight, that my biggest area of discontent in my life is my lack of a dishwasher. Then I was contemplating that my mother grew up without a dishwasher because her mother felt it was an absurd waste of money when washing dishes by hand worked just fine. I should add that my Grandmother had 5 children for a total of 7 people's dirty dishes per meal, so I guess that means I really have no room to complain or get behind on the dishes when I only have a total of 3 people. So to all of you who have big families and no dishwasher, my hat is doffed to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment