Thursday, August 15, 2013

Project 365 Writing/Photography Challenge; Post #2


Well I didn't promise to post no pictures of my kiddo, I only promised they wouldn't be all him! This picture actually contains two things I am very happy to have, the boy and the KitchenAid mixer! I have been wanting this mixer for years, and my old one finally went AWOL when we moved, so hubby bought me this one :) :) :)
We made oatmeal raisin cookies together, and as you can see, Small Boy is busily helping. He also insisted that the coffee maker be on; if anything has buttons that make lights come on, they will be pushed and the lights will remain on! Yes, that is a knife in the mixer, and he can work the power switch. Fortunately, he cannot plug the mixer in! Whenever I needed to mix, I plugged it in, turned it on, and then carefully kept his hands away, then immediately unplugged it as soon as said mixing was done. Then he busily put in the measuring cups and spoons and tried to remove some of the batter, and of course tried to remove the coffee pot and dump it out.  So let's see-- I creamed the butter and sugar, then beat in the eggs, then mixed in the flour, then mixed in the oats and raisins. That makes at least four of the plug-in-mix-unplug session. It was all worth the extra work, though, he had so much fun! And wouldn't you know it, he still has not actually eaten one of those cookies; he is a very picky child and decided the texture was gross to bite into. He did not actually taste the cookie. I refrigerated most of the dough, so maybe they will cook up different and be a little more moist when I bake the rest up. I am not giving up, these really are tasty healthy cookies and he should learn to like them (after all, he likes the "Grandma's" oatmeal raisin cookies that you can buy in 2-packs at DariMart!).  Next we will do peanut butter cookies; maybe after I uncover my kitchen from the pile of dirty dishes that is burying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment